Strong, friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic Garden Centre assistant wanted! The Nunhead Gardener is a recently establish, highly unique family run garden shop. We are currently looking to employ a Part-time member of staff to support our growing team.
We’re extremely passionate about our people, and with ambitious future plans, it’s an exciting time to join us.
Good working knowledge of plants and how to care for them is essential, must be well presented, strong, outgoing and friendly, able to quickly build a good rapport with customers and have enthusiasm for the garden.
Duties will include:
- Primarily receiving and processing heavy weekly deliveries of pots, compost and plants
- Customer service and sales
- Advising customers on planting schemes and with general gardening queries
- Plant and plant area maintenance
- Creating and maintaining attractive plant displays
- Ensuring the retail space is presentable for customers
- Stock management including watering of plants
- Outdoor working required in all weather conditions, physically fit and able to handle heavy stock
Full training and support will be given in order to develop or acquire the knowledge to assist our extensive and varied customer base as well as developing new clients.
Working hours will include weekends and Bank Holidays as required.
Salary in line with industry standard and dependent on experience. 28 days days holiday pro-rata, part-uniform provided and a generous staff discount.
Applicants should apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The Nunhead Gardener
1A Oakdale Road
|Monday - Friday||09:30 - 18:30|
|Saturday, Sunday||09:00 - 18:00|
If you have any queries or wish to make an appointment, please contact us:
020 7635 3443
Or use our contact form.